Monday, November 19, 2012

     If you think about recyclable art and healing in a way that, the past is all bad and you never want to look at it again, you really do yourself and everyone in your life a disservice.  I've been on a path for several years now of opening pandora's box of my memories and taking an inventory of my life.  Not to blame or inflict more guilt or shame, but to take responsibility for actions and looking at all angles of the situations.
After the information becomes transparent to me and I gain all the wisdom from that experience, then I can transform that experience into healing.  Removing the emotional charge of an experience and seeing it for what it truly is, 'a life experience'.  Then basically reprograming my mind to see it as a valuable learning experience and not an opportunity to inflect more pain to myself or anyone else.  Just like you reprogram your computer or perform an upgrade on your computer you can do this with your mind.  Our minds are a very powerful tool in the healing process.  After I have reprogramed the emotional connection of the experience then I can delete the part of the file or experience, that is no longer serves me for the learning process.
     Now to relate this to ART and healing.... As I start a process I pull inspiration for all types of sources.  Images I collect in daily life or research, looking through my boxes of items that I have saved or salvaged, gathering items in my neighborhood, or from items I collect from literally from the trash.... Everything has a value, just like our personal past!  Reprograming is how I look at an item from trash to treasure.  Looking at my life experience as a treasure from what I have learned from it.  I feel art weather it be music, dance, painting, sculptures, really anything that someone has created can speak to someone else....

No comments:

Post a Comment